“He commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, except a staff only: no bread, no wallet, no money in their purse…” – Mark 6:8
The Mobile Loaves & Fishes Street Retreat has been a tradition for years. Historically on Palm Sunday a group of men and women from different backgrounds and different walks of life, set out for 72 hours on the streets with no food, water, telephones, credit cards, or cash. MLF also offers additional 48 hour Street Retreats throughout the year at various times.
Through this transformative experience the participants are opened to the miracle that each of us is made in His Divine Image. These MLF street retreats are one-on-one retreats between you and God with our “retreat center” being the unwalled streets of Austin.
Several students from Notre Dame University’s Urban Plunge Program will be coming to Texas to participate in the January street retreat!
Street Retreats (anyone is welcome-some age restrictions do apply)
6:30pm at (MLF Headquarters)
|December 30th (Notre Dame Urban Plunge experience)
March 17th (Holy Week retreat)
|STREET RETREAT 2013 DATES:(retreats start at 4pm)||48 hr, January 4-6 (Notre Dame Urban Plunge experience)
72 hr, March 24-27 (Holy Week retreat)
- Please stay tuned for more specific times and for formation meeting times.
- Please email Alan Graham or call (512) 328-7299 for more information
Learn something about the MLF immersion by downloading information about past street retreats
- Street Retreat – June 2006
- Street Retreat – January 2013 – Sam Baldazo
- Street Retreat – January 2013 – Haley Hoyle
- Street Retreat – January 2013 – Daniel Sullivan
- Street Retreat – January 2013 – Amanda Quraishi – Part I, II, III, and IV
Street retreats often change the lives of those who participate. Read more about amazing past experiences in the articles below.