Scope & Purpose
The Annual Giving Manager (AGM) is responsible for leading and managing the stewardship of current and prospective annual giving donors and for promoting the mission and vision of Mobile Loaves and Fishes, Inc. (MLF). The AGM will work closely with the Development, Stewardship and Communications teams to develop and implement MLF’s robust stewardship plan.
This is an exempt full-time position reporting to the Director of Development. Due to the nature and requirements of the position, the hours are flexible to fit the need, but typically include Monday thru Friday, with frequent weekend and evening requirements. The AGM will primarily office at the Community First! Village located at 9301 Hog Eye Rd., Austin, TX 78724 with frequent meetings at MLF headquarters located at 5524 Bee Caves Rd., Austin, TX 78746.
Please email resumes and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to (512) 328-7223.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement donor stewardship plans for all annual giving campaigns (i.e. Amplify Austin, Everyday Angels, Direct Mail, Online Giving, etc.).
- Coordinate with the Development team the stewardship of new donors, including gratitude, research and sharing prospect information for further development.
- Work with Development and Communications teams to develop and implement segmented donor campaigns and stewardship plans.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Development and Communications teams on logistics, publicity, advertising, collateral material design, production and distribution for annual giving campaigns and initiatives.
- Regularly update content of thank-you letters and other donor communications, ensuring communication is thoughtful, relevant and personalized.
- Manage and maintain MLF’s donor database, including tracking and reporting all donor engagement activities.
- Manage and increase participation in workplace giving partnerships (i.e. employee giving and company matching).
- Increase community engagement by attending partner events and sharing MLF’s mission, vision, strategy, values and goals with external constituency groups.
- Research individual, foundation, and corporate prospects to prepare and maintain targeted prospective donor lists for specific programs and projects.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing public and private fund-raising events as needed.
- Review and respond to third-party fundraising requests. Work with Development team to determine level of MLF engagement in each event. Empower third-parties with MLF collateral, etc. as needed.
- Complete online applications for matching gifts and sponsorship as needed.
- Communicate regularly with Accounting and IT team members to ensure coding is consistent across departments.
- Submit invoices, contracts, credit card receipts, check requests and reimbursement requests timely and in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Stay up to date on safety policies and procedures.
- Obtain competitive bids and manage relationships with vendors.
- Promote a culture of high performance, goal achievement and a commitment to quality by contributing to a continuous quality improvement process.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings, team meetings and other meetings deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within MLF’s mission and values and in accordance with MLF policies and procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as necessary to fulfill the mission and vision of MLF.
Our Purpose & Vision
We empower communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless.
We provide food and clothing and promote dignity to our homeless brothers and sisters in need.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Must support the core values of MLF and be driven by the Mission. MLF is a faith based organization on whose ideals and philosophy comes directly from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This must be reflected in all of our communications.
- Advocate for the homeless and working poor.
- Embrace a “Just Say Yes!” philosophy within the mission/vision/goals and values of MLF.
- At least 2 years of Fundraising experience.
- Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of basic non-profit fundraising skills, donor relations, and prospect research.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit: enthusiasm and passion, question how things can be done better, optimistic about all possibilities, take calculated risks and recognize that execution is paramount (Ehrlichman).
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience in leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams and engaging community partners.
- Must be able to respond quickly to communication and be and effective communicator.
- Comfortable teaching others and giving guidance. Have collaborative leadership style and not be combative and controlling.
- Excellent and persuasive public speaking skills; present self and organization to the community in a positive, sincere and professional manner.
- Ability to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing Board of Directors and MLF Staff.
- Ability to remain poised under pressure.
- Must be proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Mail and Drive, and Dropbox.
- Innovative and strategic thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Ability to make decisions and manage projects in a changing and fast-paced environment and anticipate future needs, even when limited information and resources are available.
- Always flexible to change.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to work within a budget.
- Neat, clean, and appropriate appearance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current liability insurance and reliable transportation.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal record background test and drug screen.
The vision is supported by core values centered on our belief that homelessness is the result of a profound catastrophic loss of family:
- God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life.
- By virtue of being created by God in His image, we are all called to live in community and relationship with Him through each other.
- The family is the original cell of social life.
- You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- All members of the human family are equal in dignity.
- The Lord God took the man and settled him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and care for it. (Gen.2;15)
- Transform the way people view the stereo-type of those who find themselves homeless.
- To reconnect the homeless to self, family and community.
- Help the chronically homeless rediscover and utilize their God-given talents to do purposeful work.
- To connect human to human, heart to heart through the fellowship of food and hospitality.
- Inspire people into a lifestyle of abundance by offering their best first.
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a highly-effective non-profit’s program area. The compensation package will include salary, health, life, 401k and paid time off benefits. MLF is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.