Scope & Purpose
The Community Market Team Lead (CMTL) is responsible for stewarding and maintaining the operations of the Community Market at Community First! Village. The CMTL will report to the Director of Stewardship (DS) of Mobile Loaves & Fishes.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position. Due to the nature and requirements of the position, the hours are flexible to fit the need, but typically include five hours/day, three days/week for a total of 15 hours/week. The CMTL will office at Community First! Village located at 9301 Hog Eye Road, Austin, TX 78724.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as lead individual responsible for hospitality, sales, and function of the Community Market.
- Responsible for sales transactions using Square Point of Sale.
- Train and lead market volunteers in daily activities.
- Responsible for making purchases of market products.
- Use of Shopventory application to manage inventory.
- Coordinate with Community Works program directors to maintain inventory of CW items.
- Responsible for ordering Goodness Gear items.
- Arrange, price, and apply barcodes to products.
- Promote a culture of high performance, goal achievement and a commitment to quality by implementing and leading a continuous quality improvement process within the Community Market. Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for volunteers, staff and neighbors to give feedback on market operations.
- Communicate MLF’s mission, vision, strategy, values and goals with external constituency groups.
- Submit invoices, contracts, credit card receipts, check requests and reimbursement. requests timely and in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit: enthusiasm and passion, question how things can be done better, optimistic about all possibilities, take calculated risks and recognize that execution is paramount (Ehrlichman).
- Attend mandatory team meetings and other meetings deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within MLF’s mission and values and in accordance with MLF policies and procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as necessary to fulfill the mission & vision of MLF.
MLF Purpose / Vision
We empower communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless.
We provide food and clothing and promote dignity to our homeless brothers and sisters in need.
MLF is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Must support the core values of MLF and be driven by the Mission. MLF is a faith based organization on whose ideals and philosophy comes directly from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This must be reflected in all of our communications.
- Advocate for the homeless and working poor.
- Embrace a “Just Say Yes!” philosophy within the mission/vision/goals and values of MLF.
- Solid educational background.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Comfortable teaching others and giving guidance. Have collaborative leadership style and not be combative or controlling.
- Present self and organization to the community in a positive, sincere and professional manner.
- Ability to remain poised under pressure.
- Must be proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Mail and Drive, and Dropbox.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Ability to make decisions and manage projects in a changing and fast-paced environment and anticipate future needs, even when limited information and resources are available.
- Always flexible to change.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to work within a budget.
- Neat, clean, and appropriate appearance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current liability insurance and reliable transportation.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal record background test and drug screen.
The vision is supported by core values centered on our belief that homelessness is the result of a profound catastrophic loss of family:
- God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life.
- By virtue of being created by God in His image, we are all called to live in community and relationship with Him through each other.
- The family is the original cell of social life.
- You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- All members of the human family are equal in dignity.
- The Lord God took the man and settled him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and care for it. (Gen.2;15)
- Transform the way people view the stereo-type of those who find themselves homeless.
- To reconnect the homeless to self, family and community.
- Help the chronically homeless rediscover and utilize their God-given talents to do purposeful work.
- To connect human to human, heart to heart through the fellowship of food and hospitality.
- Inspire people into a lifestyle of abundance by offering their best first.