Scope & Purpose
The RV Restoration and Maintenance Technician will perform a variety of maintenance and restoration duties for the Community First! (CF) program of Mobile Loaves & Fishes (MLF). The RV Restoration and Maintenance Technician is responsible for the successful completion of jobs. This includes being on time, on budget, and maintaining a high level of quality. In addition to being an excellent RV Restoration and Maintenance technician, he or she should exhibit good judgment, high ethical standards, good oral and written communication skills and show strong leadership abilities.
This is a full-time 40hrs/week permanent non-exempt position with frequent weekend requirements, reporting directly to the CF Maintenance & Construction Manager.
Please email resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (512) 328-7223.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Construction of furniture and cabinetry for use in recreational vehicles, micro-homes, etc.
- Reconstruction of recreational vehicles including re-roofing, re-flooring, repair and replacement of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Painting interior and exterior of RV’s.
- Maintenance for CF program including maintenance on all of the recreational vehicles. Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent systems including propane/electric appliance operation, air conditioning and heating, electrical, roofing, plumbing etc.
- Assists with recruitment, placement, and training skilled volunteers to assist in RV restoration.
- Responsible for knowing and understanding all job paperwork, plans and specifications. Technician will direct any questions or discrepancies discovered to the CF Maintenance & Construction Manager.
- Responsible for ordering and accurately checking all materials delivered to job site for quantity and measurements, as well as damage.
- Monitor job progress against the schedule and notify the CF Maintenance & Construction Manager as soon as possible of any delays, conditions or volunteer no-shows that will affect the schedule.
- Responsible for properly using safety equipment (harnesses, safety glasses, ear protection). Job conditions must encourage safety. Monitor equipment for proper safety features, safe electrical cords, etc., and inform Safety Coordinator and the CF Maintenance & Construction Manager of any unsafe conditions.
- Perform maintenance duties consistently and ethically within the mission and values of MLF.
- Attend weekly team meetings and all staff meetings and other meetings deemed necessary.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as necessary to fulfill the mission & vision of MLF.
Our Purpose & Vision
We empower communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless.
We provide food and clothing and promote dignity to our homeless brothers and sisters in need
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Must believe in the core values of MLF and be driven by the Mission. MLF is a faith based organization on whose ideals and philosophy comes directly from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This must be reflected in all of our communications with volunteers, staff and others that we come in contact with.
- Advocate for the homeless and working poor.
- Must be skilled in the operation of a variety of tools including power tools.
- Must be skilled in general construction, carpentry, electrical systems, plumbing systems and maintenance of Recreational Vehicles.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs and climb a 14ft ladder.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others.
- Have collaborative leadership style and not be combative or controlling.
- Positive Attitude, interest, enthusiasm, good sense of humor, and strong work ethic.
- Common sense and judgment in day to day matters.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work joyfully and connect with diverse populations and organizations (volunteers, staff, board members, community members, schools, businesses, churches, etc.).
- Must be able to respond quickly to communication and be an effective communicator with clients, staff, volunteers, and community members/partners.
- Pleasing personality and ability to work well individually as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with teaching others and giving guidance.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects and find creative ways to accomplish goals with limited resources.
- Good listening skills.
- Conflict management skills (in addition to avoiding and/or alleviating conflict).
- Common sense and judgment in day to day matters.
- Must have patience, compassion, and professionalism.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be internet literate and be comfortable in an online environment.
- Neat, clean, and appropriate appearance.
- Must be drug and alcohol free and submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal record background test.