Scope & Purpose
The Web Content Administrator is responsible for overseeing and managing all online content, technical needs and back-end systems that enable Mobile Loaves & Fishes (MLF) to effectively communicate its mission, advance the organization’s brand and increase overall engagement with the community. This position reports to MLF’s Director of Communications and plays an integral role in supporting the organization’s numerous online needs. The Web Content Administrator will also collaborate as needed with MLF’s Development and Stewardship teams to support the organization’s donor cultivation and stewardship efforts.
This is an exempt full-time position that will office at MLF headquarters – currently located at 5524 Bee Caves Rd., Bldg. M, Austin, TX 78726 – and require occasional meetings or attendance at staff-driven events at Community First! Village – located at 9301 Hog Eye Rd., Austin, TX 78724.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter of no more than 400 words to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Web Admin Applicant” in the subject line.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support goals and efforts of MLF Communications team by maintaining all online content and ensuring proper web functionality.
- Update areas of website and page layouts as needed with fresh content, images, photography and forms with an eye toward efficient navigation and adherence to MLF brand.
- Assist with graphic design needs for production of website banners, emails and other marketing collateral.
- Produce donation pages, e-appeals and other online content in sync with direct mail and other campaigns
- Create and maintain online event pages and Eventbrite forms to increase visibility of MLF events and enable efficient registration.
- Manage distribution of mass emails, e-appeals and other e-communications to segmented audiences
- Collaborate with Development and Stewardship teams to ensure effective access to and use of donor and volunteer information stored in Salesforce database.
- Organize and manage photography and image repository for use with website design and updates.
- Collaborate with Communications Coordinator on production and distribution of quarterly e-newsletter.
- Maintain all necessary website technical back-end needs including plug-ins, themes and security to ensure proper website uptime and functionality.
- Participate in regular communications team meetings and MLF staff meetings.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as necessary to fulfill the mission and vision of Mobile Loaves & Fishes.
MLF Purpose / Vision
We empower communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless.
We provide food and clothing and promote dignity to our homeless brothers and sisters in need.
- Transform the way people view the stereo-type of those who find themselves homeless.
- To reconnect the homeless to self, family and community.
- Help the chronically homeless rediscover and utilize their God-given talents to do purposeful work.
- To connect human to human, heart to heart through the fellowship of food and hospitality.
- Inspire people into a lifestyle of abundance by offering their best first.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- At least 5 years of experience involving website management, e-communications and donor database utilization (preferably Salesforce). Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree.
- Full working knowledge of WordPress content management system and Avada theme design tools, and ability to perform comprehensive website updates while maintaining streamlined, intuitive navigation and proper mobile responsive design.
- Proficient knowledge and strong ability utilizing Salesforce database and ensuring proper integration with other back-end systems (including iATS, iContact, and Eventbrite).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Strong graphic design experience, including use of InDesign, Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite applications, for production of select website imagery and other marketing collateral.
- Strong understanding of website metrics and ability to analyze and leverage Google Analytics to guide website updates and online strategy.
- Ability to immediately troubleshoot any technical issues effecting website uptime, page layouts or navigation.
- Must embrace the core values of Mobile Loaves & Fishes and be driven by the organization’s mission. MLF is a faith-based organization whose philosophy and ideals come directly from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This must be reflected in all of our communications.
- Advocate for the homeless and working poor.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects and be flexible while working within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Pleasing personality, positive attitude, enthusiastic and good sense of humor.
- Demonstrate integrity, sound judgement, good character and strong work ethic.
- Neat, clean and professionally appropriate appearance.
- Ability to work well both individually and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must be able to respond quickly to communication and be an effective communicator with staff, volunteers, donors and other community partners.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal record background test and drug screen.
The vision is supported by core values centered on our belief that homelessness is the result of a profound catastrophic loss of family:
- God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life.
- By virtue of being created by God in His image, we are all called to live in community and relationship with Him through each other.
- The family is the original cell of social life.
- You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- All members of the human family are equal in dignity.
- The Lord God took the man and settled him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and care for it. (Gen.2;15)
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a highly-effective non-profit’s program area. The compensation package will include salary, health, life, 401k and paid time off benefits. MLF is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.